The mangrove forest is one of the most vital and amazing ecosystems in the world. Isla Damas, located only 10 minutes from Manuel Antonio, is currently one of the most important mangrove forests left in Costa Rica. Covering thousands of acres of protected forest, this incredible biodiversity is home to many birds, reptiles, mammals and insects.
Our experienced guides will take you on an unforgettable boat ride through the channels of the mangrove forest, away from civilization. You can discover many species native to the area, such as white-faced monkeys, anteaters, boas, iguanas, birds and thousands of colorful crabs.
- Location: Damas Mangrove 1 hour drive south of Jaco Beach
- Length of the Tour: 2 hours
- Pick Up Time: Depends on the high tide time
- Min. People: 4
- Includes: Transportation round trip, fruit snack and insured vehicles
- Recommendations: Light clothes, camera and sneakers.
- Rates: from $50 pp